- This event has passed.
ArtZeum: Nature Journaling (High School and Adult)
June 30, 2019 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM$5.00
Have you ever taken a trip with such beautiful scenery that photographs just don’t do it justice?
Have you ever wanted to study a nature scene and recreate it in your journal so that you can have the memory of that moment forever and have captured it in more than just words?
Join local artist Laura Gillis as she leads us through the nature journaling process, from choosing our journals and materials to practicing capturing a scene using pens, pencils, and watercolors.
Bring your own supplies and Laura will guide you through a great journaling experience!
June 29th is for 4th grade through 8th grade (click here for June 29 event page)
June 30th is for High School aged and adults
Supplies to bring:
- Unlined journal with heavy weight paper (mixed media or watercolor paper)- no smaller than 5″ x 7″, no larger than 8.5″ x 11″
- Pens– waterproof (ex. Micron) and not waterproof (ex. gel ink pen)
- Pencils– mechanical or regular pencils with a #2 lead (if you bring a wooden pencil, please bring a sharpener that can catch and contain the shavings)
- Round water brush (or brushes and a water container)
- watercolor paints
- watercolor pencils
- colored pencils
- brush pen (with ink)
- backpack or tote for all your supplies
- bag chair or blanket to sit on outside