- This event has passed.
How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
March 21 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 5:30 PM on Thursday, repeating until April 11, 2019
Our How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci: 7 Steps to Genius Everyday Workshop is based on a book written by Michael J. Gelb in 1998. Gelb breaks down the genius of Da Vinci in a practical guide for problem solving, creative thinking, goal setting, life balance, and harmonizing body and mind.
This creativity workshop is not only for the artist but for anyone who would like to become more creative in their personal and professional life. This is an experiential class where we will utilize many techniques in creative writing, art, wine tastings, mapmaking and much more to help unlock your inner creativity, overcome mental blocks, and inspire confidence to unlock your genius and live to your full potential.
Each week the class will explore one of the seven stages to unlocking your genius:
- Curiosità – an insatiably curious approach to life and unrelenting quest for continuous learning
- Dimostrazione – a commitment to test knowledge through experience, persistence and a willingness to learn from mistakes
- Sensazione – the continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as the means to enliven experience
- Sfumato – literally “going up in smoke”, a willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox and uncertainty
- Arte/Scienza – the development of the balance between science and art, logic and imagination, whole-brain thinking
- Corporalità – the cultivation of grace, ambidexterity, fitness and poise
- Connessione – a recognition of and appreciation for the interconnectedness of all things and phenomena. Systems thinking.
Please wear comfortable clothing as we will be working both our minds and our bodies in these exercises.
Price is $25 per class. This includes wine/or non-alcoholic wine, a journal for new members, and hors d’oeuvres.
You can register for all seven classes together or individual classes. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER