What is Mystery Art Fest?
- Mystery Art is an annual exhibit and auction of works by local and regional artists of all levels.
- Artwork is donated by the artist and their name is hidden and becomes a mystery.
- On the first day of the exhibit artwork is judged and awards are given.
- Artwork is then displayed in the NorthLight Gallery for 3 weeks
- At the end of the exhibit, artwork is auctioned at Mystery Art Fest Auction Night
Click the links below or scroll down the page to learn more!
How does it work?
Step 1: Artists from all over the region and beyond donate art that is 8″ x 10″
Step 2: Artwork is exhibited in the NorthLight Gallery and awards are made.
Step 3: Throughout the exhibit we have many fun evening events (full calendar coming soon).
Step 4: During the exhibit patrons bid on artwork by silent auction.
Step 5: On Auction Night, the gallery is open for a competitive hour of silent auction bidding.
Step 6: If a piece meets the highest silent auction bid possible, it goes to the live auction.
Step 7: During the live auction patrons make a bid and solve the mystery: who created their newly-purchased art?
2020 Artist Entry Forms are available by clicking the link above or in person at The Kemp.
When does all this happen?
Along with the art auction, Mystery Art encompasses over three weeks of FREE events in the gallery throughout October.
- September 9 – Last Day for Artwork Drop-off
- October 1 – Judging for Awards
- October 2 – First Taste Gallery Dinner
- October 3 – Exhibit Open to the Public
- October 8 – Artists’ Reception
- October 23 – MYSTERY ART FEST and AUCTION
Who won last year’s awards?
2019 Judge’s Awards:
Can I see this year’s artwork?
Yes! All artwork is listed here: 2019 Mystery Art Exhibit
How do I bid on artwork?
Bidding is done on the final night of Mystery Art in an intensive one-hour silent bidding session. Not going to make it to the auction night? Advance bidding is available starting on the day the exhibit opens.