Teach your child about the joy of music while giving them a firm grounding in musical theory that will guide them through a lifetime of music appreciation. This 7 week session will focus on key points, formatted to appeal to two age groups of children.
Sponsored by the Christian Classics Society and taught by Barbara Kavanaugh.
click the link to register!
Young Students Class:
Tuesdays, 3:40 pm to 4:15 pm
Ages K through Grade 2
Older Students Class:
Tuesdays, 4:15 pm to 5:00 pm
Ages Grade 3 through Grade 5
SPRING SESSION 1 (7 weeks)
- Composer: Mozart
- Instruments: Piano / Stringed
- Theory: Solfège, Rhythm, Movement
- World Music: Songs from Western Europe
LEARNING OBJECTIVES & SKILLS
- Inspire a love for beauty and fine arts
- Expose children to master composers and culture
- Familiarize children with instruments, musical notation and rhythm
- Nurture the natural artistic talent in all of us